The JBL COL800 is an elegant 32-inch (800 mm) slim column loudspeaker that provides wide horizontal and narrow vertical coverage, with a built-in 10° down-tilt to the aim, providing optimum coverage of most listening areas while allowing the speaker to be installed flat to the wall. The slim, compact design—winner of international design awards for industrial design excellence—complements virtually any architectural décor.
A combination of stylish design and outstanding performance features makes the COL800 ideal for a wide variety of applications, such as conference/meeting rooms, lecture halls, retail stores, concourses, transit spaces, fill applications, audio for video, and other applications where slim, compact design and high performance is desired.
Four 5-inch x 2.25-inch racetrack woofers provide maximum radiating area in a column form factor. Dual tweeters are located at top of the array for less obstructed coverage of the listening space, and they are aimed at a 10° down angle, allowing down-tilted coverage aim, even with the cabinet flat to the wall. The shallow cabinet depth of 3.7 inches (93 mm) qualifies for ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) projects when installed with the back of the cabinet flush to the wall.
A 60-watt multi-tap transformer allows for use on either 70V or 100V distributed speaker lines, while the speaker is switchable for direct 8-ohm operation with power handling of 150W continuous (600W peak, 2 hrs). The 85 Hz to 20 kHz frequency range delivers clean, clear sound for music or speech.
Versatile installation is accommodated by two included L-brackets, which can be installed on either the top and bottom panels (for horizontal pan aiming) or on the left and right side panels. Both locations allow for close-to-the-wall installation. In addition, a low-profile swivel (pan) / tilt wall bracket is also included, for adding up to 10° down-tilt to the cabinet aiming (in addition to the built-in 10° down-tilt aim when the speaker is installed flat to the wall).
The COL800 has an IP54 rating (per IEC60529) for protection against ingress of dust or water. The drivers are water-treated, the grille has a water-backing, and a cover is included to protect the input terminals. Available in black (JBL-COL800-BK) or white (JBL-COL800-WH).
- Four 5-inch x 2.25-inch (125 x 55 mm) racetrack woofers & two 0.8-inch (20 mm) tweeters
- 32 inches tall with shallow 3.7-inch (93 mm) cabinet depth
- Wide 160° horizontal and focused 60° vertical coverage
- 10° downward tilt to dispersion aim for covering most listening areas without requiring physical down-tilting of the cabinet
- 150W continuous pink noise power handling (600W peak)
- 85 Hz – 20 kHz frequency range
- Built-in 60W 70V/100V multi-tap transformer, plus 8 ohm direct input
- 116 dB peak SPL (110 dB continuous), 2 hrs
- Dual tweeters near top of column for unobstructed coverage of listening space
- Versatile mounting brackets included -- both close-to-wall L-brackets and low-profile swivel(pan)/tilt wall bracket
top of page
$625.00 Regular Price